The program is a pivotal instrument for the strategic development of the CCCZ research areas in Tumor Immunology, (Epi)Genetics and Genomics, Oncogenic Signaling and Imaging, Technology Development and Digitalization. To qualify for support, research projects must involve at least one scientist and one physician-scientist. The overall aim is to rapidly transfer basic science discoveries into clinical application.
The CCCZ Fellow Program:
- Provides competitive funding for 2-year fellowships and consumables
- Supports outstanding scientists and physician-scientists to perform a research project in laboratories and clinical departments of the Comprehensive Cancer Center Zurich
- Integrates fellows into the laboratories, meetings and communications of the Zurich cancer research community
- Provides a forum for fellows to present their research projects and discuss relevant issues at CCCZ meetings and retreats
- Offers mentoring by research group leaders and structured mentoring programs of the UZH, USZ and Medical Faculty Zurich
- Monitors work-in-progress (annual reports)
- Promotes the attendance at internal and external meetings/conferences with a focus on oncology (travel grants)
The program is supported by the University and Medical Faculty of Zurich (CHF 4.9 Mio., 2018-2022).