The C3Z Precision Oncology Funding Program aims to foster outstanding translational cancer research projects. The proposed research must:
- Meet the mission of CCCZ as a Comprehensive Cancer Center of Excellence.
- Encompass innovative translation of scientific findings into clinical practice. Patients must rapidly benefit from new scientific progress.
- Address a clinical need.
- Aim to strengthen the research interface at CCCZ connecting the basic research environment with oncological patient care. Preferentially, projects must invest into the building of interdisciplinary infrastructure, workflows and expertise, meeting international cutting-edge profile, as demonstrated by high-impact publication and strong leadership.
- Aim to combine innovative clinical oncology, research and technologies to develop novel diagnostic and therapeutic concepts towards precision oncology.
- Aim to serve as a basis for subsequent additional acquisition of funding.