- GCP level III since 2009, recertification last time in Nov 2019; leading > 10 studies as PI incl. IIT
- Innovative diagnostic and therapeutic approaches, e.g. for respiratory allergies, neurodermatitis, urticaria and food allergies
- Hives and food allergies
- Rapid induction method for insect venom allergy immunotherapy.
- Provocation tests for food allergies and intolerances
- Modern educational concepts (flipped classroom, blended and distant learning)
|Since 2003||Senior Attending Physician and head of the allergy ward of the Department of Dermatology USZ (Directors Proff. G. Burg, L. French, Th. Kündig)|
|2000||Beth Isreal Deaconess Hospital Boston USA (Prf. P Weller) April to June 2000|
|1998 – 2001||Research-Physican Switzerland Institute for Allergy and Asthma Research SIAF Davos (Proff. K.Blaser, HU Simon, R Crameri)|
|1998 – 2003||Attending Physician Department of Dermatology and Allergy Ward USZ (Prof. G. Burg/Prof. B. Wüthrich)|
|1997 – 1998||Teaching Dermatologist Regional Dermatology Training Center RDTC in Moshi, Tanzania|
|1996||Dermatological Outpatient Clinic, Triemli City Hospital Zurich (Prof. A. Eichmann)|
|1993 – 1995||Dermatology Clinic USZ (Prof. G. Burg)|
|1991 – 1992||Specialty Residency Allergy Ward USZ (Prof. B. Wüthrich)|
|1989||Medical Delegate of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Peru|
|1986 – 1990||General residency Anesthesiology, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics|
|1985||State Examination in Human Medicine December 14, 1985 University of Zurich, Switzerland|
|1981 – 1985||Medical studies at the Universities of Fribourg|
|1978||Matura Type B Cantonal School Zug|
Most important memberships
Board of Directors
- Director Christine Kühne Centre for Allergy Research and Education CK-CARE (since 2014)
- Treasurer and Board Member Int Society for Atopic Dermatitis ISAD (since 2015)
- President Swiss Society for Allergy and Immunology SSAI (2015-2017), Board Member since 2003
- Vice President European Academy for Allergy and Clinical Immunology EAACI 2015-2019, Member since 1993
- European Dermatology Forum EDF (since 2018)
- American Academy for Allergy and Immnulogy (since 2009)
- Swiss Society for Dermatology and Venereology SGDV
- European Society for Dermatology and Venerology EADV
- Society for Dermatology in the Tropics
- PI and co-incident atopic dermatitis: epidemiology, pathomechanisms, comorbidities, novel therapeutic approaches.
- Allergy diagnosis: molecular allergy diagnostics and cellular tests for inhalation and insect venom allergies
- Mastocytosis: diagnsotic markers, therapeutic approaches in the presence of additional anaphylaxis.
- Histamine intolerance: biomarkers, pathomechanisms.
- Patient education: care research, pharmacoeconomic approaches.
- Tropical dermatology: comparative pathomechanisms in allergies, interactive digital eduction (Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America).
- German: mother tongue
- English, French, Spanish: fluent
- Italian, Kiswahili: colloquial language