- Diagnosis and treatment of Clostridium difficile associated diarrhea (stool transplant).
- Anti-infective therapies in immunocompromised patients.
|2000||Senior Physician Infectiology, University Hospital Zurich (USZ)|
|2000||Specialist (FMH) Infectiology|
|1997||Specialist (FMH) Internal Medicine|
|1996 – 1999||Post-doctoral researcher and research associate
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, San Francisco General Hospital, UCSF, USA
|1993 – 1995||Resident in Internal Medicine/Infectiology, University Hospital Lausanne (CHUV)|
|1991 – 1992||Resident at the Medical Polyclinic, Inselspital Bern|
|1988 – 1990||Resident at the Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Bern|
|1987||Doctor of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Bern|
|1987||State Examination Medicine University of Bern|
Most important memberships
- Swiss HIV Cohort Study
- Swiss Society of Infectiology, Board Member (SGINF)
- Swiss Society of General Internal Medicine (SGAIM)
- Association of Swiss Physicians (FMH)
- New therapeutic approaches for curing HIV, in particular gene therapy approaches, bi-specific antibodies, immunomodulation.
- Molecular deciphering of the IFN signaling cascade with a focus on USP18.
- Genetically engineered macrophages for immunotherapy
PublicationsShow publication list
|since 2018||Editor for the journal Medical Microbiology and Immunology|
|since 2012||Prize Commission of the Society of Infectiology, Chair since 2018.|
|since 2011||Medication Commission, Medication Steering Group, USZ|
|since 2010||Scientific Board of the conference “Challenge in Virology Seminar” Switzerland, Chair since 2017|
|since 2009||Editor for PlosOne magazine|
|since 2005||Scientific Board of the conference “Day of clinical research, University Hospital of Zurich”.|
|2004-2016||Founder and Scientific Board member of the Swiss Workshop in Fundamental Virology|