The innovative measurement system of 4D trauma motion lab is used to measure the entire spine, pelvis, leg and foot.
There is hardly anything more important to human kind than being able to move around freely and without restrictions. We are rarely aware that when walking, a multitude of muscles, joints and neural pathways work together in a coordinated manner. Even the slightest malfunction within this complex system can lead to significant impairment in mobility. However, the cause of the problem is not always where pain is felt.
For example, back pain and knee problems can be caused by incorrect loading and misalignment of the feet because they cause changes in the overall stance of the body. If the goal is to make reliable diagnoses, then a holistic view of the musculoskeletal system is essential.
Innovative technology can be of valuable assistance: In our clinic, we offer examinations using the 4D trauma motion lab as a whole-body motion analysis. With this system, motion of the entire body is analysed in one complete measurement of the spine, the pelvis, and legs straight down to the feet.
Uses of the 4D trauma motion lab include
– Assessment after surgical procedures of the musculoskeletal system
– Pain in the joints (e.g. hips or knees) and back
– Foot misalignment or foot-related malpositions
– Back and spine problems
– Osteoporosis and osteoporosis-related back pain
– Early detection of poor posture and functional problems
– Measurement of pelvic malalignment and leg length differences
– Assessment after therapeutic procedures
– Assessment of orthotics, prostheses,and shoe insoles
– Motion analysis in competitive and recreational athletes
– Determination of deviations in leg axis and / or leg length, as well as joint instability
– Documentation for independent medical exams