Infiltrations of the spine are usually performed simultaneously under visualization using X-ray image intensifiers. Targeted infiltration shows the greatest success rate if a precise diagnosis with identification of the structures causing the pain is carried out beforehand. This is done by combining anamnesis, clinical examination and imaging techniques.
The following infiltrations are most frequently performed on the spine:
- Facet joint infiltrations
- Epidural infiltrations via the sacral hiatus (sacral block)
- Epidural infiltrations interlaminar
- Periradicular, transforaminal root infiltrations
- Infiltrations into the sacroiliac joint