|08.2020||Clinic Director, Clinic for Reproductive Endocrinology, University Hospital Zurich|
|04.2015||Head Physician, Clinic for Reproductive Endocrinology, University Hospital Zurich|
|01. – 02.2017||Visiting Professor, University of Auckland, New Zealand|
|05.2016||Short visits fertility centers: Cornell-Weill/Presbyterian, New York (Zev Rosenwaks), Columbia.
University, New York (Mark Sauer) and University of San Francisco (UCSF, Marcelle Cedars)
|03.2016||List position within triple proposal appointment procedure University Professorship “Gynecological Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine” Medical Faculty Innsbruck|
|01.01.2015||Head of Clinical Research, Clinic for Reproductive Endocrinology, University Hospital Zurich|
|12.06.2014||Titular Professorship University of Zurich|
|30.05.2012||Rehabilitated at the University of Zurich|
|01.07.2010||Head of interdisciplinary sexual medicine consultation, University Hospital Zurich|
|24.05.2007||Habilitation Gynecology & Obstetrics (RWTH Aachen): Epidemiological and psychosomatic factors in the development and course of hypertensive pregnancy diseases.|
|01.04.2003||Senior Physician, Department of Gynecology, Clinic for Reproductive Endocrinology USZ|
Education and training
|2016-2017||Additional training in management, Hplus Bildung/Management; BWI AG Zurich, ETH Zurich|
|2012||Focus FMH Reproductive Medicine and Gynecological Endocrinology|
|2002||Specialist in gynecology and obstetrics, North Rhine Medical Association & Recognition by
Swiss Federal Office of Public Health
|1992-2001||Assistant physician, University Women’s Hospital, RWTH Aachen, Prof. Dr. W. Rath|
|1999-2002||Advanced training in body therapy, DITAT Bonn|
|1997-2000||Continuing Education Sexual Medicine & Therapy, German Society for Sexual Research|
|1993-1999||Additional qualification in psychotherapy, North Rhine Medical Association|
|03.1995||Dissertation, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf: Infection frequencies of prostitutes using the example of 311 prostitutes from the Düsseldorf area, grade: very good|
|1991-1992||Stays abroad in clinics in France and Scotland for a total of 13 months|
|1988-1989||Medical studies at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Nantes, Erasmus program, 12 months|
|1985-1992||Medical studies at Heinrich-Heine-University Düsseldorf, Germany|
Most important memberships
- Founding member Swiss Society for Sexology (Swisssexology), 2013-2016 President
- Swiss Society for Reproductive Medicine
- European Society for Contraception
- Swiss Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics (SGGG)
- Swiss Medical Association (FMH)
- Swiss Academy for Psychosomatic and Psychosocial Medicine (APPM)
- Swiss Working Group on Psychosomatic Gynecology and Obstetrics (AGPGG), 2004-2014 Board Member
- International Society for Psychosomatic Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Human Reproduction Reloaded – H2R
- University research focus of the University of Zurich, participation of 6 faculties
- Immunological approaches in the treatment of endometriosis (Innosuisse).
- “Big data” approaches in improving the treatment of infertility patients (Innosuisse).
- Development of new biomarkers to predict the potential of human oocytes.
- Functional Genomics Center, ETH Zürich
- Inst. Veterinary Reproductive Endocrinology, ETH Zurich
- Center aerospace, biomedical science & technology, Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- Dept. of Computer Science, Sapienza University Rome
- Analysis and optimization of the organizational structures of the Clinic for Reproductive Endocrinology, USZ
- Dept. of Management, Technology and Economics, ETH Zurich
- Analysis of various prognostic factors of IVF/ICSI treatments.
- SNF Travel Grant
- Dept. of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital Auckland, New Zealand
- Development of a wearable (Ava) for pregnancy planning, prevention and monitoring.
- 2 CTI grants, 1 Innosuisse grant
- AVA (start-up)
- EMPA: Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology
- CSEM: Centre Suisse d’Electronique et de Microtechnique
- Youth sexuality – a representative study in Switzerland
- Groupe de recherche sur la santé des adolescents (GRSA), Institut universitaire de médecine sociale et préventive (IUMSP), CHUV Lausanne
- Endocrinological mechanisms in the regulation of female body weight.
- ZIPH Grant, Philhuman Foundation, Foundation for wiss. Research UZH/ Baugarten Foundation, Foundation for the Promotion of Nutrition Research in Switzerland
- Institute of Veterinary Physiology UZH
- Dept. of Economics, ETH Zurich
- Epigenetics in male transmission of rheumatic diseases.
- Jubilee Foundation, Gebauer Foundation
- Clinic for Rheumatology, USZ
- Development of a mathematical model of the female cycle and for the support of fertility treatments (PAEON)
- FP-7 EU Grant
- Dept. of Computer Science, Sapienza University Rome, ZUSE Institute Berlin, Hannover Medical School
- Space Biology Group, ETH Zurich
- PAEON-Neuropsychology: interactions between steroid hormones & neuropsychological changes.
- Gottfried and Julia Bangerter-Rhyner Foundation
- Psychology Institute University of Zurich, ZHAW Zurich
- PAEON-Epigenetics: Influences of different hormone constellations on epigenetic activation patterns.
- Department of Psychiatry, Hannover Medical School
- Risk factors and quality of life in endometriosis
- Charité Berlin, RWTH Aachen, KS St. Gallen, Stadtspital Triemli, KS Schaffhausen, Department of Gynecology USZ etc.
- Science reports (Impact factor: 4.122)
- Frontiers in Endocrinology (Impact factor: 3.519)
- Gynecological endocrinology
Reviewer for professional journals
- Human Reproduction
- American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- European Journal of Contraception
- Journal of Psychosomatic Research
- Journal of Sexual Medicine
- BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Journal of Sexual Research,
- Journal of Perinatal Medicine
- Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology
- Early Human Development
Expert opinion research grants
- Swiss Cancer League